Granite countertops create a touch of luxury in any bathroom or kitchen. They are beautiful, durable, and easy to maintain. Granite is a naturally occurring stone that is heat and scratch-resistant. Granite can be custom cut to fit your kitchen layout.
How to Choose the Best Granite Countertops
When choosing granite countertops, you need to decide on the color of granite you want. There are many colors, so take your time and pick the one you love.
Decide on the style of granite you want. There are many different styles, so make sure you pick the one that fits your kitchen best. Pick a color that compliments your kitchen’s overall design.
Granite countertops can be quite expensive (but they are worth the price), so make sure you pick a price you are comfortable with. Best Granite for Less offers granite for all budgets, so make sure and speak with them if you have a specific price range you are wanting to stay within.
Benefits of Using Granite Countertops
Granite countertops have become trendy for many homeowners because they offer several advantages. Here are the benefits of granite countertops:
- Granite is a very strong and durable material, meaning it can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Granite is also heat resistant, so you can place hot pans directly on the countertop without worrying about damaging it.
- Granite is easy to clean and is resistant to stains and scratches, so it will always look great.
- Granite countertops can give your kitchen or bathroom a luxurious look.
- Granite is a natural material, so it is eco-friendly.
- Granite comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so you can find the perfect one to match your kitchen
When to Reseal Granite Countertops
It is typically appropriate to reseal granite countertops every one to three years, depending on the level of use and exposure to potential staining agents. For households with multiple people and high-traffic areas, it may be necessary to reseal more frequently. You can test to see if your countertop needs to be resealed by water drops and does not soak in, then the countertop is still well-sealed; if the water soaks in fast, it is time to reseal.
How to Clean Granite Countertops granite countertops
Cleaning granite countertops requires a bit of skill. Here is how to clean granite countertops:
• Wipe up spills immediately to prevent granite from absorbing liquids which may cause stains.
• Use a mild, non-abrasive cleaner to prevent damaging the surface of the granite.
• Avoid using abrasive scrub pads. These can also scratch and damage the countertop.
• Polish the countertop regularly to protect the surface and keep it looking shiny and new.
Using granite is a great way to create an appealing look on your kitchen. Granite is known for being a great countertop material because it is durable and does not require that much maintenance. With that being said, granite still does require some maintenance for it to last its full lifespan. Cleaning granite countertops properly and ensuring that your countertops do not need to be resealed are vital steps to ensuring that your granite countertops last their full lifetime.